Last Updated on
Considering exercises that are suitable, both for the hall and the house, we must not forget about the push the kettlebells. Their distinctive feature is a minimal increase in muscle mass and the ability to develop not only muscles, but also ligaments, joints. A classic example of kettlebell lifting, which is suitable for both men and women, is the push of a weight.
General information and historical summary
The push of a weight is a basic multi-joint exercise, which is perfect for starting a sports career. Its main feature is the shape of the projectile, which has a displaced center of gravity:
- This allows you to improve the condition of ligaments and joints.
- Allows you to perform impulse movements, not available for other projectiles.
- Does not reduce the load in the peak phase of traffic.
- It does not allow the use of cheating when performing basic movements.
- The pressure of the projectile on the bone does not allow you to immediately perform a large amount of work, which excludes the fact of overtraining.
- Involvement of large groups of muscles leads to stimulation of anabolism and an increase in the level of sex hormones, which allows to increase the overall muscle mass and burn fatty layer.
Kettlebells themselves and the technique of pushing the kettlebell, came to us from the 18th century, when the formation of artillery regiments required an increase in power endurance among the artillerymen. Initially, the weight was a core with a handle welded to it. Read about other exercises to increase the power of hands.
In the future, the training of gunners turned into a real sport, which includes:
- Squats with kettlebells;
- Jerks on speed;
- Jerk exercises.
Thanks to this, kettlebell lifting and pushing weights with both hands reached us unchanged. In modern sports, weight, as a shell and basic movements have gained great popularity due to the ease in mastering technique, fast results, and the development of all the characteristics of an athlete without the use of additional shells:
- Maximum power. It develops because of the large difference in the weight of the weights.
- Explosive force. It develops due to the use of the correct technique of weights.
- Strength endurance.
- Aerobic indices. Since the explosive nature of the work is a tremendous stress for the whole organism, it, in attempts to level it, adapts all systems to multiple needs.
Correct execution technique
Let’s analyze how to do the pushing of the weight so that you do not damage your back and achieve maximum efficiency of movement.
Selection phase of the projectile
- It is important to monitor breathing. Before selecting a projectile, you need to hold your breath, creating pressure in the muscles of the press for better stabilization.
- The handle of the weight must be taken in such a way that it rotates freely in the hand.
- Lifting the dumbbell is done with a back in the bend.
- When throwing weight on the shoulder, you need to deploy the center of gravity of the projectile, so as not to overload the ligaments. This is done by turning the brush with a slight supination.
The shock phase
- Before pushing, you need to shift the weight from chest to shoulder.
- Slightly bend the legs (no more than 15 degrees in the knees), pulling the hips back.
- Sharply kick the body up (like jumping), transmitting momentum through the muscles of the back, rather than the chest (i.e., maximizing the body).
- With the received impulse to sharply push out the weight with your hand, in an upright position.
The phase of booster and fixation
How to do a push of a weight, if the primary impulse was not enough to push? To do this, there is a phase of recovery. It is important to monitor breathing during the recovery phase. you have to do a half-exhalation. Fixation of weights occurs with the full extension of the arm in the joint.
Important: do not hold the weight in the locked position for more than 3-4 seconds, because this harms the joints.
Variations of exercise
Despite the considered ideal technique of kettlebell thrust, do not forget about other variations of this exercise.
- Kettlebell bench press. It differs from the jolt of a dumbbell with one hand by the absence of an impulse component. Due to this, the exercise acquires an isolation character and is usually used as an additional to bench press.
- Pressing shvung. Intermediate variation, which includes the impulse component and the power booster. It differs by more complex technique, close to the weightlifting push.
- Dash of dumbbells. It differs in shells. Used as an intermediate between kettlebells in 16 and 24 kilograms. Having mastered the correct technique, you can mitigate stress from the progression of loads.
- Push the weight in full cycle. Competitive exercise, including a sophisticated technique of selection and breathing.
- Army press of dumbbells.
All these exercises can be used to shock the muscles, when it is not possible to increase the number of jerks of the dumbbells in another way.
What muscle groups work?
In spite of the fact that the thrust of the dumbbell develops all the main muscle groups, the main profile is the development of triceps and medial delta beams, which bear the greatest load.
|Muscular group||Movement phase||Type of load|
|Upper bundle of pectoral||Primary Impulse||Pulse dynamic|
|The triceps.Lateral head||Extension of weights||Basic dynamic|
|Delta – the upper beam||From lifting the weights to the final static voltage in the fixation||Basic dynamic|
|Delta – the front beam||The first phase of jogging||Pulse dynamic|
|Hamstrings||Holding the legs in the forward position when the body changes||Static constant|
|Quadriceps||Setting the impulse to the body||Impulse|
|Double-headed hand flexor||Stabilization at the stage of lowering the weight to the shoulder||Static stabilizing|
|Muscles of wrists||Keeping the weights for all stages||Static|
|Trapezius muscles||Holding the weight on the shoulder at the right angle||Dynamic secondary|
|Rhomboid muscles||Transmission of the primary pulse from the quadriceps + stabilization of the housing||Pulse + static|
|Lumbar muscles||Stabilization of the body throughout the exercise||Static stabilizing|
|Gluteus muscles||Creating an additional pulse with a two-handed push||Pulse dynamic|
As can be seen from the table, despite the involvement of large muscle groups, the main dynamic load on itself is taken by the muscles of the shoulder and forearm. Thanks to this, the kettlebell complexes perfectly work out the small muscles of the hands, which are lagging behind in people practicing exclusively basic movements.
Alternative Movements for Results Development
Knowing which muscles work with jerking weight, it is easy to choose suitable complexes for the development of results and repetitions.
|Muscular group||An exercise|
|Upper bundle of pectoral||Bench press on an incline bench. Butterfly. Breeding of dumbbells.|
|Triceps – lateral head||Army bench press. Raising hands in a rack. French bench press.|
|Delta – the upper beam||Swing your hands in the sides. Army Press|
|Delta – the front beam||Bench press. Makhi hands forward.|
|Hamstrings||Bending of the legs in the machine.|
|Quadriceps||Squats. Foot Press|
|Double-headed hand flexor||Lifting dumbbells to the biceps. Deadlift. Draft in slope.|
|Muscles of wrists||Any exercises that train the strength of a grip.|
|Trapezius muscles||Shragi. Straightening rod.|
|Rhomboid muscles||Deadlift. Draft in slope.|
|Lumbar muscles||Hyperextension. Deadlift.|
|Gluteus muscles||Squats with a barbell on the chest.|
Before choosing the right exercise, you need to understand what exactly lags behind and does not give progress in the push:
- If there are problems with pushing out weights, then you need to work out the front deltas and leg muscles. Problems can be, both from the inability to push out the weight, and from the early manifestation of the phase of the booster.
- If you can not fix the weight, you need to finish triceps and all muscles stabilizers.
- If there is a skewing of the body during the exercise, you need to pay great attention to the rhomboid and trapezius muscles.
- With poor blood pressure, the upper deltas and the lateral head of the triceps need to be worked on.
The push of a kettlebell is a unique exercise that develops the entire body. It is interesting not only for the fact that it is suitable for both men and women, but also because the variations in performance will not allow you to get bored of routine execution. In addition, the cost of Soviet weights in the second market makes this shell available to everyone. After all, on average, a pair of old iron weights is several times cheaper than a set of dumbbells of similar weight. The use of weights allows us to do without a gym for a long time, developing all muscle groups in one way or another.